Flu Prevention & Treatment
- Wash your hands frequently! Don’t touch mouth or nose or face with hands.
- Stay home to rest if starting to feel flu symptoms coming on.
- Take your probiotics! L.acidophilus and B.bifidus (and maybe others) at doses of 10 billion organisms per day (or more if desired). Studies have shown benefits.
- Nourish your body by eating well. Increase your consumption of protein and fresh produce. Cut back on sugar.
- For infants, breastfeeding is always helpful. For older children and adults, one study showed positive outcomes with taking colostrums.
- Take Vitamin D: 400-1200 IU’s/day for kids; 2,000-4,000 IU’s per day for adults.
- Take fish oils: 1,000 mg per day for kids; 2,000-3,000 mg per day for adults.
- Homeopathic oscillococcinum – Take 10 pellets under tongue 3 times a day, until better.
- Vitamin C – Take 1000 mg (adults) or 250 mg (kids) 4 times a day.
- Thymus extract – Take 1 capsule 3 times a day (adults) or 10 drops of Thymactiv liquid 2 times a day (kids).
- HEEL homeopathic flu formula – take 1 tablet under tongue 3 times a day.
- Probiotics – 10 billion organisms daily.
- Astragalus tincture – Take 1/2 tsp 3 times a day (adults) or 1 dropperful 3 times a day (kids).
- Mycoimmune (mushrooms) – Take 1 dropperful 2 times a day (adults) or 1/2 dropperful 2 times a day (kids).
- Hot epsom salt bath and drink hot tea. Sweat it out!
- Vitamin A – Take 10,000 IU’s a day (non-pregnant adults) or 5,000 IU’s a day (kids).
- Zinc -Take 50 mg a day (adults) or 15 mg a day (kids).
- Take Elderberry syrup: 1 teaspoon 4 times per day for kids; 2 teaspoons 4 times per day for adults
Please seek medical care if you or your child has:
- A persistent fever of 101 degrees or higher for greater than 3 days;
- Severe pain;
- Severe lethargy;
- Rash; or
- Behavior changes.